Navigation: 2018 – 2019

The planned trip is going to last for a while. If all goes well it will be a circum navigation all the way around the world.
I have been dreaming and thinking about it for some years now and finally I feel ready to do it and the boat is also ready, with it’s new engine and many other upgrades – see SY Procyon. We are as ready as may be possible to be.
We have now been sailing along the north Norwegian coast in 2015, around different places in the north and south to Lofoten Island in 2016. North to Spitsbergen in 2017, and along the southern coast of Norway in Summer and Fall 2017.  So yes, I think we are ready.
If you want to see where we are and to learn about the places and whats going on you have to drop by from time to time. In short the legs are as follow.  It all starts 2 Juni 2018. Norway – Shetland – Orkney- Scotland – Caledonien – Irish Sea – Brest – France- Spain- Portugal – Gibraltar- Canary Islands – Cap Verde – Caribean Islands (End 2018) – Panama canal – French Polynesia (2019) and so on…hopefully. And now we are in March 2019 and we know now that we will sail back to norway in mai.
The unpredictable is out there waiting. I am just aiming for the west in calm speed, it will be a long journey so no reason to hurry.  Update March 2019. No soon we will aim for the eastand back to Europe.

Svalbard: Juli – August 2017

Starter ut fra Alta 9.juli og går nordover til Svalbard. Planen er å være der til ca begynnelsen av august. Forsikringa går ut 10 august så da må vi være forlatt om vi ikke tegner ny.  Tilbake i Norge følges kysten sørover med mange stopp underveis og et sted på Vestlandet settes kursen over til Shetland og videre til Scotland og tilbake igjen til Norge og etterhvert Danmark. I Danmark håper jeg å få lagt båten for vinteren da jeg har “oppgaver” hjemme som venter.  Så dette er plan og da gjenstår det å se opp vi kom i havn med den. Nye planer for 2018 følger.

Our trip starts from Alta 9th July 2017. First to Spitsbergen, Svalbard and so back to TromsøNorway, down to Southern Norway, crossing over to Shetland, Scotland and back to Norway or Denmark.
I am looking for opportunity to leave the boat in Norway or Denmark for the winter if possible. Plan for 2018 is not ready yet. Hopefully this summer will go as planed. Stay tuned.